Tinfoilchef, also known as TFC, was a popular YouTuber and a member of the Hermitcraft server. He joined the server in Season 2 and was an active member until his passing on August 13, 2022, during Season 9. He had 125,000 subscribers and was known for his friendly and genuine personality, his old-school Minecraft style, and his signature laugh. He will be greatly missed by his fellow Hermits, his fans, and his family.
Who was Tinfoilchef?
Tinfoilchef’s real name was Edward Alan Langenback. He was born on June 20, 1959, and lived in Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA. He started his YouTube channel in 2009 and uploaded his first video in 2010. He mainly played Minecraft, but also occasionally played other games such as Fallout, Skyrim, and Kerbal Space Program. He joined the Hermitcraft server in 2013, along with Sl1pg8r, Spumwack, and Marriland. He was one of the longest-serving members of the server and participated in many seasons and events.
Tinfoilchef had a unique and relaxed approach to playing Minecraft. He did not follow the trends or the latest updates, but rather played the game the way he wanted to. He often built simple and functional bases, such as a giant glass mushroom, a small castle, or a vault. He also enjoyed exploring, mining, and farming. He was not interested in competing or pranking, but rather in having fun and being part of the community. He was always respectful and supportive of his fellow Hermits and their projects.
Tinfoilchef had a distinctive voice and a contagious laugh. He always greeted his viewers with his catchphrase “Hey YouTube, how’s it going?” and ended his videos with “Thanks for watching, take it easy, I am outta here.” He also had some memorable quotes, such as “We’re like a great big psychotic dysfunctional family!” He had a good sense of humor and a positive attitude, even in the toughest of times.
What was Tinfoilchef’s cause of death?
Tinfoilchef died on August 14, 2022, at the age of 63. His sister, Tinfoil Sis, made the announcement and confirmed it in a short message on Twitter. She did not reveal the exact cause of death, but she thanked everyone for their support and condolences.
According to some sources, Tinfoilchef had several health issues in the past few years. In March 2020, his right leg was amputated below the knee, due to an illness. He also had damaged discs in his back, a urinary tract infection that turned out to be E. coli, an infection in his blood, and a stroke that was the likely result of prostate cancer problems. He was hospitalized several times and had to undergo multiple surgeries and treatments. He documented some of his struggles on his YouTube channel and his Twitter account, but he never complained or gave up. He always expressed his gratitude for his fans and his friends, and his hope to return to making videos soon.
How did the Hermitcraft community react to Tinfoilchef’s death?
The news of Tinfoilchef’s death shocked and saddened the Hermitcraft community. Many of his fellow Hermits shared their condolences and memories via Twitter and YouTube. They praised him for his kindness, his creativity, his enthusiasm, and his genuineness. They also honored him by building tributes, dedicating episodes, and holding ceremonies on the server. Some of the messages and tributes from the Hermits are:
- “Today we lost a true Hermit. TFC had a wonderful attitude, even in the toughest of times! I will forever be grateful for his positivity about our group. RIP buddy! <3” – Xisumavoid
- “It is a big loss. To me tfc was a great inspiration. He was not phased by anything. He just played Minecraft the way he wanted to play. He kept it old school. Him being on the server, was always a reminder of what Minecraft is and a guidance to “keeping it real”.” – Docm77
- “TinFoilChef was always so friendly and creative that his enthusiasm impacted everyone fortunate enough to play with him. His laugh will echo through the ages.” – JoeHills
- “Rest in peace TFC. He was one of the most genuine and chill guys I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing. He brought a lot of joy to a lot of people over the years.” – Welsknight
- “I am a bit lost for words. TFC was a true Hermit, he inspired many being genuine and just being himself. Rest easy Legend! ♥️” – Keralis
- “Today we lost a great heart” – ZombieCleo
- “I am in shock this morning learning of the passing of our dear hermit and friend, TFC. You will truly be missed, and thank you for all the good times and your genuineness. It was always a huge inspiration.” – Iskall85
- “The thing I respected most about TFC was his commitment to playing the game and creating content exactly how he wanted to. A true Hermit who will be missed ❤️” – MumboJumbo
- “Forever a Hermit. In this life and the next. A friend lost, but not forgotten.” – xBCrafted
- “I’ve been at loss as to what to say about TFC. It was sudden, unexpected, and sad. I wish I could have gotten to know him better than I did. But I did know that he was a kind person and he loved Minecraft. He’ll be greatly missed by all the Hermits and the Minecraft Community. ❤️” – VintageBeef
- “My deepest sympathies for your loss, he will be greatly missed by so many. My thoughts are with your family during this hard time. RD” – Rendog
- “My condolences to you and your family – he will be missed \uD83D\uDC95” – FalseSymmetry
- “I am so incredibly sorry to hear that. If you need anything from the group at all please let us know” – iJevin
The fans also expressed their grief and their love for Tinfoilchef on various platforms. They left comments, messages, fan arts, and videos to pay their respects and to celebrate his life and his legacy. They also donated to his Patreon and his PayPal accounts to help his family with the funeral expenses and other costs.
Tinfoilchef was a beloved member of the Hermitcraft server and the Minecraft community. He was a talented and passionate gamer, a loyal and supportive friend, and a humble and cheerful person. He faced many challenges and hardships in his life, but he never let them stop him from enjoying his hobby and sharing it with others. He inspired and entertained thousands of people with his videos and his personality. He will be remembered and missed by everyone who knew him and watched him. Rest in peace, TFC. You were a true Hermit and a true legend.