Lola Calvo is a fictional character based on the real life of La Lupe, a Cuban singer of boleros, guarachas and Latin soul. She was known for her energetic and controversial performances, and was also called the Queen of Latin Soul. She died of a heart attack on February 29, 1992, at the age of 52.
If you want to write an article about Lola Calvo’s cause of death, you could use the following outline:
- Title: Lola Calvo Cause of Death: The Tragic Story of the Queen of Latin Soul
- Introduction: Introduce who Lola Calvo was, what kind of music she sang, and why she was famous. Mention her death date and cause of death. Provide a hook or a thesis statement to capture the reader’s attention and interest.
- Body: Divide the body into several paragraphs, each with a subheading that relates to your main topic. You could use the following subheadings:
- Lola Calvo’s Early Life and Career: Describe her birthplace, family, education, and how she started singing. Mention some of her early songs and albums, and how she moved from Cuba to Mexico and then to New York.
- Lola Calvo’s Rise and Fall: Explain how she became a successful and influential singer in the 1960s and 1970s, collaborating with artists like Mongo Santamaría and Tito Puente. Mention some of her hits and awards, and how she was known for her passionate and provocative style. Also, describe how she faced challenges and difficulties in her personal and professional life, such as divorce, drug addiction, mental illness, poor record sales, and competition from Celia Cruz.
- Lola Calvo’s Final Years and Death: Narrate how she retired from music in the 1980s due to religious reasons, and how she struggled with poverty, homelessness, and health problems. Mention how she died of a heart attack in 1992, and how she was buried in New York. Also, comment on how she was remembered and honored by her fans and fellow musicians.
- Conclusion: Summarize the main points of your article, and provide some insights or reflections on Lola Calvo’s life and legacy. You could also mention some of the sources you used for your research, and invite the reader to learn more about her.