What is the role of the Vanderburgh County Coroner?
The Vanderburgh County Coroner is the official who investigates deaths in Evansville, Indiana, and the surrounding areas. The coroner’s main duty is to determine the cause and manner of death for each case, and to issue death certificates. The coroner also works with law enforcement, medical professionals, and families to provide information and assistance. the coroner is required to investigate the following types of deaths:
- Known or suspected suicide deaths
- Known or suspected homicide deaths
- Known or suspected motor vehicle accidental deaths
- Known or suspected accidental deaths
- Deaths of unidentified persons
- Unknown cause of death of infants and children
- All unexpected deaths
- Natural deaths where no attending physician is present at the time of death
- All work related deaths
- Death involving criminal action
What are some of the recent cases of death in Evansville?
In the past few months, the coroner has reported several cases of death in Evansville, ranging from natural causes to violent crimes. Here are some of the notable cases:
- Timothy Ivy: He was found dead inside a home on Stinson Avenue on October 21, 2021. According to the coroner, he died from strangulation. A woman was also found inside the home, who was alive but bound and raped.
- Walter Baker Jr.: He died on March 29, 2022, after opening fire on police officers during a nearly 12-hour standoff. According to the coroner, he died from a gunshot wound to the chest.
- Kayla Triblet: She died on March 28, 2022, after being shot by her ex-boyfriend, who then killed himself in a car accident. According to the coroner, she died from multiple gunshot wounds
- James Hadley: He died on September 13, 2021, after collapsing and hitting his chest on a chair. According to the coroner, he died from a left lung pneumothorax and multiple rib fractures
- Young King Dave: He died on May 17, 2018, from complications during a hospital stay following a collapsed lung. He was an internet sensation and an aspiring rapper, who was known for his viral videos of smoking weed and making witty observations.
How can the public access the coroner’s records and reports?
The coroner’s records and reports are public records, and can be accessed by anyone who requests them. However, some information may be withheld or redacted for privacy or legal reasons. The coroner’s office charges a fee for each record or report, depending on the type and format. The public can contact the coroner’s office by phone, email, or mail, and provide the following information:
- Name of the deceased
- Date of death
- Type of record or report requested
- Reason for the request
- Contact information of the requester
The coroner’s office will process the request and provide the record or report within a reasonable time, depending on the availability and complexity of the case.
Cause of death Evansville IN is a topic that may interest many people, especially those who live in or near the city. The coroner’s office is the authority that investigates and reports the causes and manners of death for each case. The coroner’s records and reports are public records, and can be accessed by anyone who requests them. However, some information may be withheld or redacted for privacy or legal reasons. The coroner’s office also works with law enforcement, medical professionals, and families to provide information and assistance. The coroner’s office is an important part of the community, and plays a vital role in ensuring justice and public health.