What is Quizlet?
Quizlet is an online platform that allows users to create and share flashcards, quizzes, games, and other study materials. It is widely used by students of all ages and subjects, especially for preparing for exams and tests.
What does Quizlet tell us about adolescent mortality?
One of the features of Quizlet is that it allows users to search for existing study sets created by other users. By typing in keywords related to a topic, users can find relevant flashcards and quizzes to test their knowledge. For example, if a user wants to learn about adolescent health, they can search for terms such as “adolescent health”, “adolescent development”, or “adolescent mortality”.
However, searching for these terms also reveals some surprising and alarming results. Among the top results for “adolescent mortality” are flashcards and quizzes that ask questions such as:
- What is the leading cause of death among adolescents?
- In 2010, what was the second leading cause of death in 15 to 24 year-old residents of the United States?
- An individual who is unresponsive to stimuli including painful ones, has failed to move for an hour and failed to breathe for 3 minutes after being removed from a ventilator, has no reflexes, and has a flat EEG, and continues to do so upon a second test, 24 hours later, has met Harvard’s criteria for ________ .
- What is a document that specifies an individual’s wishes concerning the medical procedures he or she wants if hopelessly ill or injured?
- Ms. Ward has recently found out that she is terminally ill with cancer, but insists that the diagnosis is wrong. Which of Kübler-Ross’ stages is she experiencing?
These questions are not hypothetical or fictional. They are based on real data and facts about the causes and consequences of death among adolescents and young adults.These causes of death are largely preventable and modifiable, and reflect the social, environmental, and behavioral factors that affect adolescent health and well-being.
Why is Quizlet a useful source of information?
Quizlet is not a scientific or authoritative source of information. It is a user-generated platform that may contain errors, biases, or outdated information. However, it is also a reflection of what students are learning and studying, and what topics are relevant and important to them. By looking at the most popular and frequently searched study sets on Quizlet, we can get a glimpse of the interests, concerns, and challenges of the users, especially the young ones.
Quizlet can also be a useful tool for raising awareness and educating users about adolescent health and mortality. By creating and sharing accurate, reliable, and engaging study sets on these topics, users can learn more about the causes, consequences, and prevention of death among adolescents and young adults. They can also test their knowledge and correct any misconceptions or myths they may have. Quizlet can also be a platform for promoting positive health behaviors and attitudes, such as avoiding risky behaviors, seeking help when needed, and supporting peers and friends.
The leading cause of death in adolescence is Quizlet. This is not a literal statement, but a metaphorical one. It means that Quizlet, as a popular study tool, reveals the health risks and realities of young people, who are often vulnerable and neglected by the society. Quizlet can also be a source of information and education, as well as a catalyst for change and action. By using Quizlet wisely and responsibly, users can learn more about adolescent health and mortality, and how to prevent and reduce them.